It can be easy to backslide in February, when the weather is harsh and you’re pining for spring. Keep your eyes on the ball, though, because this is a really important time for your college goals.
Now that January is behind us, things will start to move more quickly. Don’t panic! You’ve got this. Here’s a checklist to help you stay on top of everything.
For High School Juniors
- Continue to do your best in your classes—only a couple months left!
- Take the PSAT Exams if you haven’t already
- Begin narrowing down your list of schools
- Talk to your guidance counselor
- Attend all the college fairs you can
- Follow schools on social media
- Start scheduling college visits for the spring
- Research majors that might be of interest to you
For High School Seniors
- Find ways to stay sane while you wait to hear back from schools
- Research and apply for at least two scholarships
- Keep your grades up—you’re almost done!
- Keep up with your hobbies, friends, and family
- Start making a list of pro’s and con’s for different admissions outcomes
Check back with your list throughout the month, and try to check off one or two items every single week. If you find yourself with a lot of spare time, double up—seek out more scholarships, or look for volunteer opportunities to help boost your application or pass the time.
Want to know what’s coming up in the rest of the year? Be sure to download our Ultimate College Decision Timeline.