Mastodon culture on campus is a point of pride and there are a number of things you’ll notice about yourself once the Stomping Grounds become your new home. You definitely know you go to IPFW if:
1. You have an abundance of blue and grey in your closet.
And it’s a conveniently mix-and-matchable variety ready for any spirit week or sports team “superfan” experience that comes up.
2. You know that there’s a difference between a mastodon and a wooly mammoth.
Bonus points if you know what that difference is.
3. You call yourself a Hoosier.
IPFW locals and newly transplanted Hoosiers alike—we all share the Stomping Grounds.
4. You know that the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo isn’t just for kids.
And you go every summer to visit the animals and go on the rides (ok, sometimes more than once).
5. You can name your go-to hangouts off the top of your head.
You have your favorites and you’ve made a routine of hauling homework or reading material to your favorite coffeehouse or pizza place to get your work done. Becoming a familiar face at your favorite hangout is an experience that can’t be beat.
6. You have way too many pictures of campus on your phone.
From the river to the trees to the resident squirrels, you have just about every corner of campus perfectly framed and saved. And you can’t bring yourself to delete them.
7. You have your parking strategy locked down.
If you’re a commuter, you know when you’re going to leave on which day and where you’re going to park because parking on campus is like clockwork.
8. You know exactly where to get the best snacks, no matter where you are on campus.
From vending machines to the brand-new eateries across campus, you know just where to go for what you’re craving between classes.
9. You’ve been to at least one Omnibus Lecture.
With so many fascinating guest speakers, at least one of them has sparked your interest and brought you to an Omnibus Lecture. In fact, we’d be surprised if it’s just been one.
10. You know where all the “hidden gems” are.
There are many hidden gems to discover on such a huge campus, and you’ve definitely found one or two by accident, on purpose, or with the help of a friend.
For a better look into what it’s really like to go to IPFW, download the Viewbook and check us out!