And just like that, it’s suddenly November.
Whether you’re in your junior or senior year of high school, fall means it’s time to get moving on all those college application “to do’s.”
We know it can be a lot to keep track of, so this checklist should help you stay on top of everything.
For High School Juniors
- Continue to do your best in your classes
- Take the PSAT Exams
- Seek out leadership positions in your extracurricular activities—colleges love to see this.
- Continue researching colleges and universities
- Create a list of important priorities for you
- Talk to your school counselor
- Attend college fairs and meet with college admissions representatives who visit your high school
- Follow schools on social media
- Think about the careers that align with your interests and passions
For High School Seniors
- Make a list of all the deadlines for the schools on your list, including:
- Application deadlines
- Scholarship deadlines
- Financial aid deadlines
- Recommendation letter deadlines
- Retake the SAT/ACT (if necessary)—schools will allow you to submit your absolute best scores, so it’s worth giving it another go.
- Prepare all the materials you’ll need to complete the Common App
- Research and apply for at least two scholarships
Refer back to your checklist throughout the month, and try to check one or two items off every single week. It may seem like a lot at first, but by the end of November, you’ll be so much closer to submitting your application.
Want to know how to prepare for the rest of the year? Be sure to download our Ultimate College Decision Timeline.